Click here to access KBC's Online Application Portal
To transfer to KY as an out of state applicant with endorsement credentials from another state requirements:
- Certification from the transferring state must be on file with KBC prior to submitting a digital application. **This document must come from the state agency- never the applicant**.
- Applications that require amended action have 30 days to complete the request or the application will be denied.
- Endorsement fees are nonrefundable
- Minimum education requirements are:
- Cosmetology-1500 hours and a 12th grade equivalence.
- Esthetics- 750 hours and a 12th grade equivalence.
- Nail Technician- 450 hours and a 12th grade equivalence.
- Instructor- 1 year of individual licensure, 750 hours, and a 12th grade equivalence.
- Education deficiencies may be substituted if license has been held for more than 2 years.
- Examination may be required for an out of state transfer applicant.